The PRODEX Programme
Following the selection of the instrument or experiment, an 'Institute Agreement' is established. This agreement outlines the of responsibilities of the institute concerned, describes the interaction with the PRODEX Programme Office, and is used in the preparation and placement of any financial commitments made by the Agency (ESA) to the university or institute.
An 'Institute Agreement' lays down the following rules:
- The Institute defines the objectives and content of the projects to be developed and nominates a person to be responsible for the development of the instrument or experiment.
- The Institute prepares the statement of work and specifications for the industrial contracts. These are agreed by the Agency , for these contracts the Agency's general clauses and conditions shall apply. These contracts are managed by the PRODEX office.
- The Institute prepares a financial plan for the implementation of the project to be carried out under its responsibility. This plan shall contain expenditure estimates in the form of planned payments in the following categories: contracts with industry, purchase of equipment, salaries, etc. This financial plan shall be updated every year. Actual expenditure and cost-to-completion is reviewed annually and the financial plan is adjusted accordingly.
- The Institute participates in the evaluation of the industrial proposals, progress meetings and reviews with the contractor. When the goods or services are delivered the Institute will be invited to agree to their acceptance.
- The Institute is responsible for the delivery of its part of the scientific instrument or experiment either to the Principal investigator or directly to the Agency for integration in the spacecraft.
Last Update: 15 March 2013