How to Get Started with PRODEX
Legal and Contractual Implementation
1. Legal implementation : Institute Agreement.
A university that has had no previous contract within the PRODEX Programme will first be asked to sign a document referred to as the Institute Agreement. This document defines the legal framework between ESA and the Institution without entering into the contractual details of the specific project.
The Institute Agreement is signed by both the Director General of ESA and the Director of the Institute or Rector of the University new to PRODEX.
2. Contractual implementation : PRODEX Experiment Arrangement (P.E.A)
In order to implement the specific project between the Institute/University and ESA/PRODEX a P.E.A will be established. The P.E.A are full ESA contracts but presented in a standardized and simplified manner.
The P.E.A comprises 5 parts:
- The cover letter signed both by the Head of the PRODEX Office and the scientist,
- The definition of the arrangement,
- Appendices 1&2: the Work Description and Financial Plan (based on the PRODEX Application form and/or National Project Proposal)
- Appendix 3 : the Change procedure
- Appendix 4: General Conditions of ESA
The P.E.A is sent to the scientist who will be asked to sign both cover pages, and return one original to the PRODEX office with his signature and approval. Please note that only one signed cover page is to be sent back to the PRODEX office, the other original cover page plus the contract are to remain at the Institute /University.
||How to apply for a PRODEX Allocation
Last Update: 18 January 2011