CDF Study Report - Europa Low Resource Radar (ELRR)
Publication date: 15 Jun 2004
Authors: Concurrent Design Facility
This is an edited version of the Final Report of the Europa Low Resource Radar study, performed by the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF) at ESA ESTEC for the Science Directorate (SCI-A), in the frame of the Jupiter Minisat Explorer Technology Reference Study.
The objectives of the study were to:
Further the constraints imposed by the chosen spacecraft platform and orbit were analysed and described where appropriate. This document reports on the analysis performed and conclusions for a Europa Low Resource Radar (ELRR) conceptual design.
- perform instrument conceptual design and trades
- prepare a preliminary instrument design including budgets and subsystem designs with required performance
- show science requirements compliance
- define critical design issues requiring further analysis
- assess and analyse programme, risk and costs
Link to Publication
Last Update: 27 Apr 2007