This process starts only after the Research Institute contract is duly signed by ESA.
The ESA-PRODEX Technical Officer:
- Verifies that the contractor meets milestones, schedule, cost requirements, etc.
- Organizes progress meetings and reviews, and participates in consortium meetings.
- Supports the Research Institute in the execution of the contract.
- Addresses Research Institute/Industry needs within the boundary condition of the PRODEX Programme (for example, provides access to experts or facilities, coordinates expert recommendations, etc)
- Reviews and approves technical decisions in the execution of the contract.
- Is responsible for the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of Industrial contracts, with the support of ESA Contracts Services.
- Evaluates and approves contract change requests.
- Reviews and approves payments.
The Research Institute:
- For development activities:
- Provides inputs to the activity development plan; prepares the activity schedule.
- Develops the general requirements.
- Supports PRODEX in defining the applicable and reference documents and the applicable standards.
- For Institute-led developments:
- The Institute may develop sub-systems or elements of the instruments as per the development plan (per work package description).
- Participates in progress meetings and reviews.
- Liaises with mission and scientific counterparts as needed.
- When Industrial activities are associated to the Research Institute activities: Supports the implementation and management of industrial activities.
- Under the management of the PRODEX Technical Officer, provides inputs to industrial contract implementation and monitoring.
- Supports the preparation of Statements of Work and Requirement Documents.
- Participates in Tender Evaluation Boards.
- Participates in progress meetings for industrial contracts.
- Participates in preparation and execution of reviews
- Liaises with interface and scientific counterparts as required.
- For data processing activities:
- Proposes the programme of work, and liaises with the relevant interfaces.
- Executes the work.
- Writes activity reports to PRODEX, on a yearly basis or twice per year, depending on the project.