ESA Science at CeBit
19 March 2007ESA Science is currently providing support to the International Heliospherical Year (IHY 2007) display at the CeBit Technology fair in Hannover, Germany. The exhibition has been organized by the IHY Germany committee and has been supported by the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung.
- Advancing our understanding of the fundamental heliophysical processes that govern the Sun, Earth and Heliosphere.
- Continuing the tradition of international research advancing the legacy on the 50th anniversary of the International Geophysical Year.
- Demonstrating the beauty, relevance and significance of space and Earth science to the world.
ESA Science is providing detailed scale models of SOHO (1:4) and Ulysses (1:4), information screens and ESA Science professionals to present science and technology information from the Sun observing missions [SOHO, Ulysses, Cluster and Double Star] and a short video showing the mission science highlights.
To coincide with the event, a new mobile phone specific website [esascience.mobi] has been developed. The website exploits the exisiting RSS feed on SciTech and configures it specifically for mobile phone internet browsers.
For those who are unable to visit the IHY 2007 at the Cebit stand, IHY has organised a travelling exhibition (ESA Science supported) which will be in the following locations over the coming months:
- 02.04.07 to 22.06.07 - Planetarium Bochum, Germany
- 01.07.07 to 16.09.07 - Planetarium Mannheim, Germany
- 01.11.07 to 07.01.08 - Planetarium Kiel, Germany