Request for Proposal for BepiColombo Mercury Planetary Orbiter Payload
27 February 2004The European Space Agency (ESA) solicits proposals of scientific investigations for the Mercury Planetary Orbiter (MPO) of the BepiColombo mission. This Request for Proposal (RFP) is open to scientists from the Member States of ESA, Japan and other communities with which reciprocity or specific agreements exist.
The contents of the Payload Information Package can be found on the Request For Payload webpage and contains:
- Cover letter
- Request for Proposal
- Recommendation of the Payload Review Committee
- Science Requirements Document (Sci-RD)
- Payload Study Document (PSD)
- Science Management Plan (SMP)
- Experiment Interface Document-Part A (EID- A)
- Mercury Environmental Specification
- Mission Analysis Proposal Templates
- Supporting Technical Documentation
A summary of the mission overview, proposal selection procedure and a recapitulation of the investigators' duties and responsibilities can be found in the SMP. Details of the submission procedure are provided in the Request for Proposal.
Proposals must be received by ESA not later than 15 May 2004.
Last Update: 1 September 2019