BepiColombo MPO's science instruments
The science instruments of BepiColombo's Mercury Planetary Orbiter. There are 11 instrument suites in total, several of which have multiple subsystems (as indicated in the graphic).
- BELA: BepiColombo laser altimeter
- ISA: Italian spring accelerometer
- MPO-MAG: Mercury Planetary Orbiter Magnetometer
- MERTIS: MErcury Radiometer and Thermal Infrared Spectrometer
- MGNS: Mercury Gamma-ray and Neutron Spectrometer
- MIXS: Mercury Imaging X-ray Spectrometer (-C: collimator; -T: telescope)
- MORE: Mercury Orbiter Radio-science Experiment
- PHEBUS: Probing of Hermean Exosphere by Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
- SERENA: Search for Exospheric Refilling and Emitted Natural Abundance (ELENA: Emitted Low-Energy Neutral Atoms; MIPA: Miniature Ion Precipitation Analyser; PICAM: Planetary Ion Camera; STROFIO: Start from a Rotating Field Mass Spectrometer)
- SIMBIO-SYS: Spectrometer and Imagers for MPO BepiColombo Integrated Observatory System
- SIXS: Solar Intensity X-ray and particle Spectrometer
Note that MPO-MAG, PHEBUS and SIXS are not visible in this view; see this image for details.