| IXO |
International X-ray Observatory
Revealing the physics of the hot Universe
| Themes || |
- What are the fundamental physical laws of the Universe?
- How did the Universe originate and what is it made of?
| Primary Goals || |
- Co-evolution of galaxies and their supermassive black holes
- Large scale structure and the creation of chemical elements
- Matter under extreme conditions
- Life cycles of matter and energy in the Universe
| Energy range || X-ray (0.1 - 40 keV) |
| Orbit || Halo orbit at L2 |
| Lifetime || 5 years |
| Type || L-class candidate mission |
Last Update: 1 September 2019