IXO Science Meeting
27-29 April 2010
Start date: 28 Apr 2010
Address: Cité Universitaire Paris,Avenue Rockefeller,75014 Paris, France
The International X-ray Observatory (IXO) is an X-ray telescope with joint participation from NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA), and Japan's Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA).
During this meeting it is planned to:
- Update the community on the status of the IXO mission following the decadal survey activities and the on-going studies in Europe.
- Review/(update where necessary) the science goals of IXO.
- Gather any further science topics that could be addressed by IXO within current payload baseline.
- Discuss synergies with other planned or proposed facilities e.g. JWST, EUCLID, SPICA, ELTs, ALMA, SKA.
- Discuss the timetable for presenting IXO to the Cosmic Vision down selection process and ensuring feedback from the community to support IXO through mission selection.