ESA Science & Technology - Publication Archive
- 5th Announcement of Opportunity (AO-5)
- Key Programmes in AO-5
- Science Highlights
- Science Operations - Highlights
- The Fastest INTEGRAL TOO
- ISOC Science Data Archive Version 2.7
- INTEGRAL Visualisation Tool & Explorer
- INTEGRAL Publication Status
- Changes in ISOC
http://www.rssd.esa.int/index.php?project=XEUS&page=SPIE_DocumentsThis note provides a brief overview of critical issues and some recent updates since the publication of the above papers.
The purpose of this preliminary payload resources document is to translate the typical science requirements into a payload resource budget, which is required for the first part of the system design of the Cross-scale TRS.
The document is (currently) an open document and regular updates, primarily refinements, are expected. Particularly, iterative steps with industrial study partners and the ESA TRS study manager are foreseen. Revisions will be published, as required, at the start of as well as during the system design. This document will be evolved into a straw man Payload Definition Document.
The purpose of the mission requirements document is to provide level 1 (mission) requirements for the Cross-scale TRS system design study.
- Formation and evolution of stars
- Formation of planetary systems and planet detection
- Formation and evolution of galaxies
- To assess the feasibility of a far-infrared Michelson interferometer based on a single spacecraft
- To design the mission
- To identify the critical technologies and define their development plan
- To make cost, risk and programmatics analysis for the mission and for the technology development plan
- a Phase 1 devoted to requirements review and architecture trade-of: it has led to the selection of the non planar arrangement
- a Phase 2 devoted to preliminary design: together with the consolidation of the selected arrangement, it has produced the payload and spacecraft preliminary design, including performance budgets